Upgrade your weeknight chicken recipe with a simple but impressive crust with Sugar Plum’s Kettle-Cooked Coffee Stout Cashews. Our roasted cashews have a rich, savory coffee stout flavor that make a mouthwatering crust on a juicy chicken breast. Make a batch of our cheesy mash on the side to complete this easy weeknight dinner.
4 chicken breasts
1 cup Kettle-Cooked Coffee Stout Cashews, finely chopped
1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
1 cup all purpose flour
2 large eggs
2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp salt
1/4 olive oil
2 lbs baking potatoes
4 tablespoons butter
1 cup milk
1 cup grated gruyere
Combine cashews and pepper into a blender or food processor until finely chopped. Mix in breadcrumbs and set aside on a plate or in a dish for coating.
Whisk eggs to create an egg wash.
Lightly coat chicken breast in flour, dip in egg wash, and coat all sides with the cashew mixture.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet or sauté pan over medium-high heat. Place chicken breasts into the pan and cook for 5-7 minutes each side or until crust becomes golden brown.
Cheesy Mash Instructions:
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil.
- Peel and quarter potatoes. Drop peeled potatoes in the water once boiling and cook for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Once cooked, drain potatoes and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add 4 tablespoons of butter, 1 cup of milk, and 1 cup of gruyere cheese to your warm potatoes and start mashing.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve your crusted chicken and cheesy mash with a side of mixed roasted veggies like asparagus, mushrooms, and Brussels sprouts for a well-rounded meal that the whole family will enjoy!