Thai Peanut Curry Recipe
If you're looking for a new recipe to spice up your dinner lineup this week, you'll want to try this delicious and creamy Thai Peanut Curry. This recipe is very versatile, and you can use any vegetables that you've got hanging around in the fridge. With the perfect blend of red Thai curry paste, coconut milk, and peanut butter, you'll love this quick and delicious dish.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, peeled and minced
- ½ - 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs, chopped into cubes
- 1 cup red pepper, diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 teaspoons Thai red curry paste
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 can coconut milk (14 oz)
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup finely chopped Coconut Curry Thai Peanuts from our Around the World Spicy Nut Sampler
- Juice from one lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped or ripped cilantro leaves
- In a large saucepan, heat the coconut oil over medium heat.
- Saute minced garlic, onion, and ginger until garlic and onion soften, about 3 minutes.
- Add chicken thighs and cook until lightly browned.
- In the same pan, add the red pepper, carrots, and sweet potatoes. Mix and allow the ingredients to cook down together for about 2 minutes.
- Add the Thai red curry paste and creamy peanut butter into the vegetable and meat mixture. Pour in the soy sauce, coconut milk, and water and mix until combined.
- Cover and turn the heat down to medium-low and allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Turn the heat up to medium-high and continue to cook while occasionally stirring until the sauce has thickened.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over your favorite rice or noodles and top with finely chopped Coconut Curry Thai Peanuts, a squeeze of lime, and some freshly chopped cilantro.
This Thai Peanut Curry will store for up to 5 days in the fridge. If it gets a little thick, add a few tablespoons of water into the pan when you reheat!