Double Chocolate Pancakes
What’s better than chocolate for breakfast? A stack of sinfully decadent double chocolate pancakes for breakfast, of course! Whip up a batch of these for a special treat.
1 cup milk
1 large egg
4 tbsp butter, divided
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 oz Sugar Plum Signature Milk Chocolate or Dark Chocolate Bar, finely chopped
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter, let cool. In a small bowl, whisk milk, egg, and melted butter until blended.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients until fully incorporated. Fold in chopped chocolate bar. The batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Melt remaining butter in a skillet or griddle until the butter begins to brown.
- Drop 1/4 cup of pancake batter over medium heat. Once the edges have set and bubbles form (about 2 minutes), flip pancake and cook 2 minutes more. Serve warm and top with whatever your heart desires. Whipped cream, powdered sugar, fresh fruit, peanut butter, jam, or make it extra fancy with a rich chocolate ganache.
Ganache is quick, easy, and impressive. We recommend using Sugar Plum Signature Milk or Dark chocolate for the best flavor. Pour some over your chocolate pancakes or serve as a dip for a bowl of fresh fruit.
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
2 2oz bars of Sugar Plum Signature Milk Chocolate or Dark Chocolate, chopped
- Place chopped chocolate into a heatproof bowl, glass or metal.
- Heat cream until just simmering. Do not boil as the cream could separate or burn chocolate. Once simmering, remove from heat and pour over chocolate.
- Allow the two to sit a few minutes to reach the same temperature. Stir until smooth.