Spice up everyone's favorite holiday side with this easy booze-infused pecan topping. Our Kettle-Cooked Maple-Flavored & Bourbon-Infused Pecans have the perfect crunch and sweetness to top this savory dish!
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: About 7 servings
For the casserole base
- 3 to 4 large sweet potatoes (about 1 3/4 - 2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted (reserve one tablespoon for buttering baking dish)
- 2 large eggs
For The Maple Bourbon Pecan Crumble
- 3/4 cup chopped Kettle-Cooked Maple-Flavored & Bourbon-Infused Pecans
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup melted, unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 2-quart baking dish (or similar).
- Peel and cube sweet potatoes, rinse and add to a large pot of salted water. Bring the potatoes to a boil over high heat, then lower to a simmer. Cook until very tender (about 20 minutes). While waiting for the potatoes to cook, start on the crumble topping.
- Add old-fashioned oats, all-purpose flour, dark brown sugar, and kosher salt to a large bowl. Roughly chop Kettle-Cooked Maple-Flavored & Bourbon-Infused Pecans and add pecans and melted butter to your dry ingredient mix. Gently mix until the pecan mixture is evenly coated.
- Once fork tender, drain, and rinse sweet potatoes. Return to pot and mash using a potato masher or fork until smooth.
- Mix in brown sugar, salt, vanilla extract, milk, and melted butter, then gently fold in eggs.
- Transfer sweet potatoes mixture to a buttered baking dish.
- Evenly sprinkle the Maple Bourbon Pecan Crumble mixture over the sweet potato mixture.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until the center is mostly set, and the crumble is golden brown. Serve hot.
Add a drizzle of maple syrup on the casserole when it comes out of the oven for a little added sweetness!
Sweet potato mixture can be prepared up to two days in advance. Once ingredients are combined, cover tightly and store in the fridge. When ready to bake, allow the pan and mixture to come to room temperature before placing it in the preheated oven.