When it’s cold outside, a warm and hearty stew can save you from sadness (and hunger!). This beef stew comes together in about 30 minutes. We don’t always have a lot of time to cook meals, but that doesn’t mean they can’t be good! That’s why we created this stew.
About 2 pounds of a tender cut of beef cut into small cubes
2 large potatoes cut into small cubes
2 large carrots cut into small cubes
1 large yellow onion, diced
4-6 cups vegetable or beef stock
2 cups rice
A sprinkle of flour
Salt and pepper
- Combine a handful of flour with a little salt and pepper in a medium sized bowl.
- Toss the cubes of beef in the flour mixture, making sure to coat each piece of meat evenly.
- In a medium to large soup pot over medium heat, add a splash of olive oil. Toss in the beef and the onions, and stir while cooking for about three minutes, or until all the sides have browned nicely.
- Pour in the stock, and add the carrots and potatoes. Reduce heat to medium low.
- Stir and season accordingly.
- Cook until the potatoes and carrots are tender. If you wish, you can add the rice to the stew while it’s cooking and prepare it that way. Otherwise, prepare the rice separately and serve the stew on top of it!