Here we are in the thick of the holiday season! What a year it has been… We hope you’ll bring Sugar Plum into your holiday celebrations.
For this crazy time of year, it can be hard to arrange dinners, gifts, and parties. Things can be forgotten easily, and you simply might not have time to bring a dish to your friend’s party. We have a sweet solution right here! It only requires a bit of forethought – at least 4 hours, but putting this pie together will only take about 5 minutes! Try adding some of our Sugar Plum Peppermint Bark for an even better dessert!
1 chocolate pie or cookie crust (can be yours, store bought, or even puff pastry!)
1 pint of vanilla or chocolate mint or peppermint ice cream
1 container of whipped cream
2 teaspoons peppermint extract
Chocolate shavings for decorating
- Bake and cool your pie crust if it is not already baked.
- Leave the ice cream out on the counter to melt. This will make it much easier to mix all of your ingredients. You don’t want it fully melted, but you do want to be able to mix it into the whipped cream very easily.
- Combine whipped cream, ice cream, and peppermint extract in a big bowl. Mix well. Add green food coloring if you like!
- Make sure your crust is cool. All you have to do now is pour in the ice cream mixture and place it in the freezer until it completely refreezes.
- Slice and serve! If it’s really frozen you can let it sit out for a minute or two so it will be easier to cut!
Wasn’t that easy? We think so. Stay tuned to our blog, Instagram, and Facebook for more easy and fun recipes!