Coffee Stout Cashew Brownies
Sometimes, you just need a good brownie. While box mixes are easy and quick, making brownies from scratch isn't difficult, and it's much more rewarding.
This recipe uses our Coffee Stout Cashews, our small-batch baking chocolate, and just a bit of espresso powder. Use a high-grade baking chocolate like ours will make a huge difference in a situation like this, when it's the star of the show and its nuances can really shine through!
- 3/4 cup chopped Sugar Plum Stout Cashews
- 7oz melted Sugar Plum Baking Chocolate
- 1 stick butter (114g), melted
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar (packed)
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour (sifted)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Sift together the flour and baking soda.
- Chop chocolate finely. This will ensure an even, quick melting. Melt butter in pan, just until bubbling. Remove from heat and pour the chopped chocolate over it. Let it sit for about 1 minute, then whisk it until it's evenly melted. A finely chopped chocolate is your best friend here.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes, then whisk in the sugars, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Add eggs one at a time, fully incorporating each.
- With a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, fold in the flour and cashews until there are no more streaks. Do not over work it, just bring it all together.
- Bake on 350 degrees in oiled square pan for 20 minutes. Test with fork. It may not seem completely baked when you take it out, but remember it will continue baking even after you take it out of the oven! Cool completely before cutting.