Chocolate cupcakes are already decadent enough, but these ones are out of this world with a bit of cream cheese frosting on top! Butter in the mixture keeps them nice and moist for days as long as you keep them covered and refrigerated. Try topping them with some of our Peppermint Bark for a seasonal spin!
¾ cup all purpose flour
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
½ cup of sugar
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup milk
¼ cup butter, cold
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt in a big bowl.
- Using your fingers or a fork, rub in the butter into the dry ingredients until you can’t see any more big chunks. This will take about five minutes, but it’s an important step unless you want holes in your cake!
- Combine milk, egg and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and just bring together until there are no more flour streaks.
- Fill a cupcake pan ¾ to the top each. Bake for 12 minutes, or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean!