Mmm...warm, melted chocolate cake! This cake is perfect with a scoop of cold vanilla ice cream. It's a lot like souffle, and the light texture isn't too heavy to enjoy after a nice dinner. This recipe will serve 4, but is easily scaled up if you need more!
Ingredients (serves 4):
¾ stick of butter
3.5oz chocolate (dark or milk), chopped finely
½ cup of white sugar
½ cup all purpose flour
¼ teaspoon salt
- Butter 4 medium sized ramekins or bowls (oven safe) very well.
- In the microwave, heat chocolate with butter until just barely melted. Stir together to melt completely.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, and salt until color visibly lightens to a pale yellow.
- With a spatula, fold the flour into the egg mixture, followed by the chocolate. Don't mix too much – just enough to bring it together.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes in a 350F oven. The centers should still jiggle a bit, so the inside will be nice and melted! Cool for a few minutes before serving.