Thanksgiving is just a few short days away- and we can't believe it either!
Well, we've got the perfect Sweet Potato & Pumpkin Spice Pie recipe for you to try this holiday season that'll have your family thanking you until the New Year!
The best part? You can easily adapt this recipe to add your own special mark or twist to it.
We made miniature pies with this recipe, but if you only have a large pie pan you can still make use of this. The instructions are written for one 9 inch pie. If you have mini pie pans and also want to try a cute alternative to a large pie, all you have to do is split up the recipe into the smaller pans.
Any excess filling can be baked separately with no crust for a gluten-free option!
- 1 9" Pie crust, store bought or your favorite recipe
- 2 cups of sweet potato puree*
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of yogurt, milk or cream
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line your pie pan and refrigerate it to keep it cold until you're ready for baking!
- Combine sweet potato, eggs, yogurt, vanilla, sugar, syrup, salt and spices in a blender or food processor. You want a very smooth mixture for the best texture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pie pan, and bake for approximately one hour. To test: stick a knife in the center of the pie. If it comes out clean, your pie is done!
- Cool completely before slicing. Top with a dollop of whipped cream!